COVID-19 Update May 12
Kia ora koutou
The Prime Minister has advised that schools will reopen as the country transitions to Alert Level 2.
As we prepare for a full reopening and to resume our core business of teaching and learning, I wish to advise the following:
Student and staff safety remains paramount.
We will continue many of the protocols we have in place, but with new amendments to accommodate the health and safety guidelines under Level 2
If either students or staff are unwell, they are instructed to stay home.
If you have a child who may be in a vulnerable category of risk, please contact me to discuss.
Distance learning remains available for a further two weeks for students with medical issues, please contact the school on (06) 385 8398 to discuss.
Juniors and seniors will have staggered returns. This is to ensure that our planned health and safety protocols are operating without compromise. We only have one opportunity to get this right from the start. I apologise to whanau that this may inconvenience, but the safety of our entire student body is our highest priority.
- All junior students are back to school on Monday 18 May
- All senior students are back to school on Tuesday 19 May
18 MAY [JUNIOR SCHOOL FIRST DAY]
- Junior school assembly 9:00am.
19 MAY [SENIOR SCHOOL FIRST DAY]
- Senior school assembly 9:00am.
18 MAY - 1 JUNE
- School times: 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- Juniors and seniors will be separated and located to their own blocks.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be provided in all classrooms.
- Normal cleaning which includes disinfecting surface areas in all areas of the school will continue.
- Will have hand sanitiser available, but are unable to provide social distancing.
- Bus times will be scheduled to arrive at school at 8:55am.
- Bus pickup times will be staggered, with times to be advised.
If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at the college.
Updated April 21, 2020
WARNING: This post is over a year old. Some of the information this contains may be outdated.